Jan Beaney and Jean Littlejohn – BOND, BUILD and LAYER (introducing the Embellisher)-SORRY FULLY BOOKED***POSTPONED***
Two day course
Saturday 25th and Sunday 26th April 2020
Using the natural world as our inspiration we will explore the glorious textures of hand stitching in new and innovative ways.
Hand stitch and the embellisher are a match made in heaven and we will explore ways of combining them.
Those who cannot conceive of two days without a machine will find strategies to extend their surfaces with a combination of hand and machine embroidery.
We work hard but have lots of fun!
About the Artists
Jan and Jean are internationally known textile artists who lecture and teach in the UK and many overseas locations. They both exhibit their work and have been members of the 62 Group of Textile Artists for many years.
What you will need to bring
- Sewing equipment, pins, scissors and a range of needles to include one with a big eye (chenille No. 14)* and one for beading.
- Medium sized circular (ring) or rectangular frame. (10×8)
- Fabric oddments which could include synthetics, sheers, velvets,chiffons, muslins, felts, lace or metallics.
- A range of threads and yarns (thick, thin, shiny, matt) and to include soft wools, stranded cottons, silks, etc.
- Polyester ‘chiffon’ scarves.
- Bondaweb (fusible webbing) or bonding powder*
- Baking parchment (silicone paper).
- Stitch book, notebook
- Embellishing machine if you have one.
- Sewing machine, darning foot.
- Machine threads.
- Jan and Jean will bring reference pictures, background fabric, chenille needles No. 14, polyester ‘chiffon’ scarves, bonding powder, yarns and other materials for cost not exceeding £6.
- They will bring two embellishers for people to borrow; the more the merrier!
This course / workshop is fully booked.